Wednesday, May 3, 2006

THE SKINNY ON A FATKAT : MR. ANDERSON

This week's Skinny on a Fatkat presents Mr. Robert Anderson. Robert hails from Sacremento California and is one of those artists that I spoke to and courted over the internet for a number of months before finally getting my act together and offering him a job.

Robert was hired to work on Season 3 of Odd Job Jack that we did with Copernicus Studios and Smiley Guy Studios this time last year. It was a tough project for Robert at first but man did he ever blow through it with flying colours!

Then last fall Robert was tapped to work on two more animated television series. This time we were helping out PiP Animation Services in Ottawa on Caillou and Carl Squared. Robert blew through that stuff too, in fine fashion I might add.

Robert's thrive to progress in flash animation, his cool calm demeanour and positive attitude were not to go unnoticed. In November we decided to make Robert a supervisor on Happy Tree Friends. He certainly deserved it. Now he's rocking that show too!

I had the chance to catch up with Robert online earlier today here's some of his responses to my pesky questions:

Gene: Why are you at Fatkat?
Robert:
Fatkat is a company where I can be myself, and do what I like to do.

Gene:
What are you working on right now and what's the best thing about it?
Robert:
I'm animating a scene for Happy Tree Friends, the best thing about it is the freedom to get into how the character is acting and feeling. In this case, its horrible pain.

Gene:
If you'd like to be working on any other property, what would it be and in what capacity would you like to be working on it? - ie, designer, animator...etc..
Robert:
hmmmm... I was always looking fword to working on the HTF property. There isn't any other fatkat Property I would like to be working on. Althow I did enjoy my time doing character design work, and would love another chance at it.


Gene: Are you pissy that I think you look like Leonardo Dicaprio?
Robert:
Ain't nothing wrong with that.
Gene:
Damn, I was hoping for a nastier reply.

Gene: He I was wondering if you could work this weekend?
Robert: I am currently away from the computer.
Gene: Rob, you there buddy?....
Robert: I am currently away from the computer.

Oh well, gotta love that guy, he's fantastic!

Brie, Rob's girlyfriend from back in California seems to think so.




Not so sure about his cat though, she's yet to be won over by Robert's charm.

Glad to have you here Robert, you rock buddy!

~g.

No comments:

Post a Comment