Monday, August 28, 2006

A SKINNY ON A FATKAT - ANDREW EMBURY

Ok, so I know it's been a few months since I got to do this. Real sorry, but I'm getting back on the ball now that I have a bit more time to play with and I've now gotten some awesome producers to take over production. Much better then the hack that was there before....me!

This week's Skinny on a Fatkat is on our very own Andrew Embury aka "Beans".

Beans has been here at Fatkat since early 2005. He's held most positions, usually cranking on 3D work or 2.5 D (after effects jobs). He's done some real awesome work while here at Fatkat and is about to do some more!

Recently he's been tapped to do some animation work on the fourth season of Odd Job Jack for Smiley Guy Studios. He's doing a bang up job from what I hear from Andy Coyle too. Kudos bugger!

Here's a conversation I had with Beans a few months ago.

Gene:
When is your birthday?

Beans:
December 9th, a ways out there

Gene:
Why do they call you Beans?

Beans:
When I first started as an intern here at Fatkat I used to say cool beans a lot, and then gene got pissed and said shut up beans


Gene:
yeah I remember that.

Gene:
now shut up and answer my next question

Gene:
What do you like least about your job?

Beans:
The hours of the day, too little

Gene:
hehe I hear you dude.

Gene:
What do you like the most about your job?

Beans:
Animating, I always dreamed of becoming an animator, always growing up to disney classics and warner bros. And since I wasn't trained traditionally as an animator I never thought I would have the opportunity, but here I do

Gene:
Right on dude, from what I see you've been doing real well too.

Beans:
It's my dream and passion to be the best, and I won't settle for anything less

Gene:
shut up beans.

Gene:
:) you cheezy bugger.

Gene:
Blue or Red?

Beans:
Red

Gene:
5 or 4?

Beans:
How about 42?

Gene:
do you pee the bed?

Beans:
Nope, adult diapers for me baby!

Gene:
what do you think about the new tool album?

Beans:
I think it's their best as a band

Gene:
me too



Gene:
ok dude, thanks for your time. Send me a few images of your work would ya? 4-5 of yoru best shit.

Beans:
That'll be really hard

Beans:
But I'll try my best

Gene:
oh ok.. whatever you got. :) screen cap's from projects whatever...it's all good.

Beans:
Awesome, thanks man

Beans:
As I know what you're up to...

Gene:
hehe

Gene:
eat it


And here are those screen caps man, great stuff! - We look forward for a few more years with you yet my friend and some awesome animation on upcoming TV Series!

Some great 3D stuff was done for this above spot for the Nova Scotia Liquour Commission.

Beans got his first big break in character animation on this Pepsi commercial for Flinch Studios.

Again, Beans hammered out some great looking 3D work on the above spot for the Nature Conservancy of Canada.

This was the model of the mascot he did for the Columbus Blue Jackets,
Beans also did all the post and 3D work on spots and show openers for Eastlink Sports!

Great job Beans, keep rocking it Buddy!

Gene.

No comments:

Post a Comment